Veneers Can Change Your Smile
Veneers are a custom-designed, thin “shell” of white material (porcelain or resin) that’s permanently bonded over the surface of your existing tooth (much like a false fingernail). The finished product is extremely strong and durable.
Veneers aren’t suitable for every patient but they can provide a cosmetic solution for a variety of problems you may be facing with your teeth. These would include:
- Correcting uneven or crooked teeth (without using braces)
- Whitening and brightening stained or discoloured teeth
- Closing the space between teeth
- Fixing broken or chipped teeth
The Benefits of Choosing Veneers
There are a number of reasons why veneers can be the right option to help you improve your smile. These would include:
- Provide another option to Crowns or resin Fillings
- Anaesthesia is usually not required
- Only a small fraction of the tooth structure (if any) is removed
- A healthy “natural” smile is achieved with little to no discomfort
- Veneers are strong, durable and colour-stable
At AXIS Dental Group, we take the time to meet with you to determine which treatment option would be best for your condition. Contact us today to see if veneers are the right solution for you.
How Veneers Are Applied
There are three steps to this procedure:
- An impression is taken to make an exact reproduction of your mouth and teeth. The veneers are custom-made in a laboratory. Minor tooth preparations may be required to create room for the veneer.
- To help bind the veneer to the tooth’s surface, the tooth is etched with a mild acid solution to slightly roughen the surface.
- After you have approved the shape and colour of your veneers, they’re applied individually and are permanently bonded to the tooth’s surface.
What to expect
Veneers can last for years, as long you make the effort to properly maintain them. Part of the maintenance process involves regular oral hygiene practices at home, along with routine cleanings and dental exams in our office. This will ensure your veneers remain in good condition!
If you have veneers, you should avoid staining foods such as blueberries, cherries, coffee and red wine. Another important thing to remember is to refrain from bad habits such as nail biting, grinding your teeth and chewing on hard objects as they can damage your veneers.
What they cost
The cost of your veneers will vary depending on your individual situation. However, we believe that cost should not be a deterrent to having the smile you want and deserve. We offer Financing Options that can help you manage this expense.
To find out if veneers are the right solution to enhance your smile and everyday life, contact us today to book an appointment.